Contact Us

208 N. Jefferson St.
Kittanning, PA 16201

o: 724-548-7249
e: carl@local4all.com

14 Responses to Contact Us

1. Ruth says:

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can give me info about the Gallows and hangings that took place at the old jail. the last hanging was 1905. thanks.

2. carl says:

I had a tour of the old jail a few years ago. What a tourist attraction that could be if it was open to the public. Spooky place!

3. Doug Spiller says:

Carl,

I’ve just blundered across your Photo of the house called’Finlay’ and the information about Phoebe nee Finlay and her husband Adolphus Frederick Stewart-Linton.
    I am researching Adolphus Frederick and any connections he may have had
    You mention that they lived between Kittanning and England.
    I believe that I have much information that may be of interest at your end. I would appreciate contact

Doug

4. carl says:

Doug, you might be able to get more historical information from KittanningOnline.com. They have direct links to both the Historical Society and Genealogical Society from their website. Click above

5. Renee L. Waring says:

Speaking for a group of Beers family members, we are considering having a large reunion during the third week of June, 2012 in Kittanning. Our need would be a place for us to stay over a weekend (Friday and Saturday night) close to the Armstrong County Historical Society (we would need to ask if we can have the HS open on that Saturday). Some of us are also very much interested in the history of Kittanning. Any suggestions? I don’t have a count yet, but it would include all the Beers lines who lived or originally came from Armstrong and surrounding counties. If you’re interested in attending or have some information that would be vital to the Beers family my phone number is 717-266-6985 or you can reach me at ReneeLWaring@aol.com

6. Rich says:

What happened to the Indiana U of Pa branch campus on N Mckeon St? I attended decades ago and I don’t see it there anymore…

7. carl says:

Both Kittanning and Armstrong County governments looked for alternative uses for the IUP buildings but were unable to find enough revenue to justify upgrades – insulation, asbestos abatement, etc. Since senior housing near downtown was also a priority, it made sense to tear down the deteriorated buildings to make room.

8. Pete Harmon has some history and recent photos of the former IUP Center property, Rich:

9. LeAna Buckey says:

I was adopted out of the courthouse in Kittanning in 1949. I was named after LeAna House who worked at the courthouse in the “clerk of courts dept. Her husband (Leslie/Leroy) was supposed to be a judge at the time. I can’t seem to find any info on them although I remember going to their house when I was very young with my parents. Water St. seems to ring a bell somehow, but I could be wrong. Can you help me find any info on them? I woud really appreciate it

10. ralph says:

Hi.
    I am trying to find information on a man named William J. O’Neil. He lived in your town in the 1970s, and he was regarded as a healer of sorts. I am doing research for a story about him. If anyone recalls him or his work, please let me know. Especially, if anyone can remember a Tracy Stover or a Susan John. They were supposedly healed by Bill when they were children. I will look here for any replies. Thanks.

11. judy sanders says:

i was wondering if anyone knows any dog behaviourist int he kittanning area…he’s showing aggressive behaviour ..and i’m in deep need of help for this puppy..please leave a reply if you know of anyone who could help..thanks …sanders

12. Mary Grace Salomone says:

Hi – Is there a way I could get a copy of your picture perfect? A very dear friend of mine is turning 90 and grew up in Kittanning and went to Applewald. I would be glad to pay for it. His birthday is in May. Thank you for your consideration.

13. LeAna Buckey says:

In 1949 Christina “Clara” Yount gave birth to a baby girl. At that time she had been living in the Schodell home in Gilpin Twp. Does anyone know who the father was? I’m sure someone is still living who knows this information. Please help me in my search. Clara later married Michael Ihnat in Perth Amboy and lived there till she passed in 1989.

14. carl says:

I’m very glad he liked it. Carl